Win at your theory test and get your driving licence faster. Start studying today!

Additional menu

In which of these circumstances must you show your insurance certificate?

When making a SORN

When buying or selling a vehicle

When a police officer asks you for it
When having an MOT inspection

You must produce a valid insurance certificate when requested by a police officer. If you can’t do this immediately, you may be asked to take it to a police station. Other documents you may be asked to produce are your driving licence and the vehicle’s MO